Early Learning and Parenting in Peel Neighbourhoods
We promote early learning for young children and parents through partnerships that support the entire family. Our goal is to ensure that all children in Peel thrive and are ready for success when they enter school.
What are our aims?
- To build community partnerships.
- To help create parent support networks.
- To guide residents in strengthening programs in their community.
- To mentor individuals wishing to develop leaderships skills and become advocates in their neighbourhood.
- To co-ordinate early learning experiences and programs for children, parents and caregivers.
- To support parents and young children in learning about safety strategies.
What does this mean for you?
- You'll know which services are provided and by whom.
- Your neighbourhood will be stronger when agencies work together.
- Neighbourhood parent support networks will help you feel comfortable and safe in caring for your children.
- You'll be able to enhance your social, leadership and life skills.
- Networking with businesses in your area will help to increase employment.
- You'll be better able to help your child prepare for success in school.
- Working with Brampton/Mississauga Safe City, community police officers and the fire department will help you teach your child about safety.
More Early Learning Support
St. John Fisher Neighbourhood Learning Place
St. John Fisher Neighbourhood Learning Place offers a free drop-in program for parents/caregivers and their children, from birth to six years of age.
Open the Door to Better Futures Training and Employment Program for Single Parents
Thursday December 10 2009