Reduced Child Care Fees in 2018
Families with children aged 0-4 years old attending licensed child care centres in Peel will receive a fee reduction for fees paid in 2018.
If you are eligible, your child care provider will:
- Provide you with a refund for a portion of the child care fees paid from January 1 to August 31, 2018
- Reduce your child care fees for the rest of 2018, September 1 to December 31
If you are eligible, you will receive your refund from your child care provider by September 28, 2018.
You do not need to apply for this refund.
Check Your Eligibility
You may be eligible for a fee reduction and refund if:
- Your child is between the ages of birth to age 4 (including infants, toddlers or preschoolers not yet eligible to attend kindergarten)
- Your child attends a licensed child care centre in Peel
- The daily child care fee you're currently paying is higher than the reduced fee effective September 1, 2018
If you meet these criteria and you pay the full cost of your child care, you are eligible.
If you receive a partial child care fee subsidy, you may be eligible. Your provider will let you know.
If you receive a full child care fee subsidy, you are not eligible. You already receive help with the cost of your child care.
This fee reduction is available through participating licensed child care centres that have an agreement with the Region of Peel.
Speak with your child care provider if you have questions about your fees or eligibility.
2018 Fee Reduction
Fees for children from birth to age 4 (infants, toddlers, and preschoolers not eligible to attend kindergarten) are being reduced by:
- $12.00 per day for full-day care (six hours or more per day)
- $6.00 per day for part-day care (less than six hours per day)
Fees for children age 5 and older are not changing. Fees for children who are old enough to attend junior kindergarten will not be reduced or refunded, even if they are presently in child care.
In some cases, your refund portion may be more than these amounts.
Speak to your provider in September to learn the specific details of your refund.
Fees for Licensed Home Child Care
We’re working on a plan to reduce fees for children attending licensed home child care. Details will be available in the fall of 2018.
This funding is for 2018 only and may not be available in 2019. If this funding is discontinued or reduced, the fee reduction will be reassessed.
We’re working with our partners to make child care more affordable for families in Peel. This funding is provided by the Government of Ontario.