|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 102-2005|
|A by-law to amend By-Law 135-2004, titled the "Amended User Fees and Charges By-Law, 2005".|
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Municipality ("Regional Corporation") on December 12, 2002, passed By-Law 66-2002 amending By-Law 43-2002, to impose fees for services and activities provided by the Regional Corporation or for the use of its property;
AND WHEREAS By-law 1-2004 amends By-Law 66-2002, by amending Schedule A to By-Law 66-2002 with a new Schedule A to impose additional fees, delete fees and change fees for services and activities provided by the Regional Corporation or for the use of its property;
AND WHEREAS By-law 135-2004 amends By-Law 1-2004, by amending Schedule A to By-Law 1-2004 to substitute and replace the rates and charges set out in Schedule A to By-law 135-2004 for the comparable corresponding rates and charges set out in Schedule A to By-law 1-2004;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution adopted on December 15, 2005, authorized that By-Law 135-2004 be amended by deleting Schedule A attached to By-Law 135-2004 and replacing it with the amended Schedule A attached hereto;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. By-Law 135-2004 is amended by deleting Schedule A and replacing it with the amended Schedule A attached hereto outlining the additional fees, deleted fees and any changes to existing fees.
2. By-law 135-2004 is further amended by adding the following subsection to section 4 thereof:
Any supervisor, manager or director of Ambulance and Emergency Programs is authorized to exempt, in whole or in part, any person from the Ambulance, Emergency or 911 Fees, (Schedule 2: Corporate - Division 2 - Land Ambulance & Emergency Programs, Schedule A), where he or she is of the opinion that the payment of such fee may cause undue economic hardship to the person requiring the service in question.
3. This By-law and attached Schedule A outlining the additional fees, deleted fees and any changes to existing fees is hereby adopted and enacted.
4. Despite the amendment of By-Law 135-2004 herein, the tariff of fees set out in Schedule A to By-Law 135-2004, on the day immediately prior to the day this by-law comes into effect, shall continue to apply to fees which became payable prior to the date upon which this by-law comes into effect.
5. This By-Law may be referred to as the "Amended User Fees and Charges By-Law, 2006."
6. This By-law takes effect on January 1, 2006.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 15th day of December, 2005.
Schedule A to By-law 102-2005