|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 2- 2005|
A by-law to approve the expropriation of land being Part of Lot 16, Concession 7, Northern Division, in the City of Brampton (formerly Township of Toronto Gore), Regional Municipality of Peel, being more particularly identified as Parts 9 and 11 on Reference Plan 43R-28969 deposited on February 20, 2004 and the taking of all steps necessary to obtain the possession of those lands.
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation enacted By-law No. 77-2003
on October 30, 2003 authorizing commencement of the expropriation of the above-described
lands for the purposes set out therein;
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution passed on February 17, 2005 authorized the approval of the expropriation of the above described lands;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. The expropriation of the above mentioned lands, more particularly described in the Certificate of Approval attached as Schedule "A" to this by-law, is hereby approved for the written reasons attached hereto as Schedule "B" to this by-law;
2. That the decision of the Council of the Regional Corporation to approve the expropriation and the written reasons therefor be served upon the parties to the Hearing of Necessity and upon the Inquiry Officer;
3. That the Regional Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to sign and execute
on behalf of the Council of the Regional Corporation and affix the corporate
seal to the Certificate of Approval attached hereto as Schedule "A"
and all other notices and documents which are necessary to carry out the provisions
to this by-law;
4. That a Plan of Expropriation be prepared and registered in the proper land registry office;
5. That a Notice of Expropriation be served upon the registered owner, together with a Notice of Election, relating to the date of assessment of compensation;
6. That an appraisal report estimating the market value of the above mentioned lands and the damages for injurious affection, if any, be obtained from a third party appraiser;
7. That an offer of an amount in full compensation of the market value of the above mentioned lands and an offer for immediate payment of 100% of market value as estimated by the expropriating authority, all in accordance with s. 25 of the Expropriations Act, be served, together with a copy of the appraisal report on which the offer of compensation is based;
8. That a Notice of Possession be served requiring possession of the above
mentioned lands at least three months after the date of service.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 17th day of February, 2005.
Acting Regional Chair
Schedules "A" and "B" are available at Clerk's Division.