|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 54- 2005|
A by-law to approve the expropriation of land being Part of Lot 10, Concession 1, West of Hurontario Street, City of Brampton (formerly Township of Chinguacousy), Regional Municipality of Peel, designated as Parts 1 and 2 on Reference Plan 43R-29934 and the taking of all steps necessary to obtain the possession of those lands.
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation enacted By-Law No. 94-2004
on October 28, 2004 authorizing commencement of the expropriation of the above-described
lands for the purposes set out therein;
AND WHEREAS no hearing of necessity will be held in respect of this proposed
expropriation, and the Regional Corporation now seeks approval of the proposed
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution passed on June 16, 2005 authorized the approval of the expropriation of the above described lands;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. The expropriation of the above mentioned lands, more particularly described
in the Certificate of Approval attached as Schedule "A"
to this by-law is hereby approved;
2. That the Regional Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to sign and execute on behalf of the Council of the Regional Corporation and affix the corporate seal to the Certificate of Approval attached hereto as Schedule "A" and all other notices and documents which are necessary to carry out the provisions to this by-law;
3. That a plan of expropriation be prepared and registered in the proper land registry office;
4. That a Notice of Expropriation be served upon the registered owner, together with a Notice of Election form as to the date of assessment of compensation;
5. That an appraisal report estimating the market value of the lands and the damages for injurious affection, if any, be obtained;
6. That an offer of an amount in full compensation and an offer for immediate
payment of 100% of market value as estimated by the expropriating authority,
all in accordance with s. 25 of the Expropriations Act, be served, together
with a copy of the appraisal report;
7. That a Notice of Possession be served requiring possession of the land at least three months after the date of service.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 16th day of June, 2005.
Schedule A to By-law 53-2005 is available in Clerk's