|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 81-2005|
A by-law to repeal and replace By-law 132-2004, titled the "Wastewater System Fees and Charges (Sewer Charge Rates) By-law, 2005".
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Municipality ("Regional Corporation") on February 24, 1977 passed By-law 19-77 to impose fees for the establishment, maintenance, operation and financing of the sanitary sewer system and activities provided by the Regional Corporation or for the use of its property;
AND WHEREAS By-law 67-2002 amends the Sewer Charge Rates for the purposes of By-law 19-77;
AND WHEREAS By-law 26-2004 amends the sewer system fees and charges for wastewater (sewer) services and activities (Sewer Charge Rates) for the purposes of By-law 19-77 in accordance with Schedule A attached to By-law 26-2004;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation on December 9, 2004, enacted By-law 132-2004 to amend By-law 26-2004 to substitute the rates and charges set out in Schedule A thereto for the corresponding rates and charges set out in Schedule A to By-law 26-2004;
AND WHEREAS Ontario Regulation 244/02 made under the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25 states, in section 12, that a by-law imposing "fees or charges for the use of a waste management system, the use of a sewage system or the consumption of water . if not repealed earlier, expires on December 31 of the year following the year in which the by-law was passed";
AND WHEREAS By-law 132-2004 was passed on December 9, 2004 and, therefore, if not repealed earlier, will expire on December 31, 2005 pursuant to Ontario Regulation 244/02 section 12;
AND WHEREAS Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution adopted on October 27, 2005, authorized that By-law 132-2004 be repealed and replaced with the by-law herein and attached Schedule A to establish the Wastewater System Fees and Charges (Sewer Charge Rates) in accordance with Schedule A attached hereto;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. By-law 132-2004 is hereby repealed upon the passing of this by-law.
2. This by-law and attached Schedule A outlining the Wastewater System Fees and Charges (Sewer Charge Rates) is hereby adopted and enacted.
3. Despite the repeal of By-law 132-2004 herein, the tariff of fees set out in Schedule A to By-law 132-2004, on the day immediately prior to the day this by-law comes into effect, shall continue in effect up to the day prior to the date upon which this by-law comes into effect.
4. This By-law may be referred to as the "New Wastewater System Fees and Charges (Sewer Charge Rates) By-law, 2005"
5. This By-law takes effect on the day that it is passed.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 27th day of October, 2005.
Acting Regional Clerk
Schedule "A" to By-law Number 81-2005
The rates set out below are effective for all accounts rendered on or after the day this by-law comes into effect.
|A flat rate of $6.00 per month for consumers who are connected to the sanitary sewer but whose water consumption is unmetered.|
Each metered service shall be billed separately. The metered rates shall be as follows:
(a) $2.44 per thousand Imperial gallons metered, and
(b) $5.3750 per ten cubic metres (10m3) metered.