|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 82-2005|
A by-law to repeal and replace By-law 54-2004, titled the "Amended Waste Management System Fees and Charges By-law, 2004".
WHEREAS Council of the Regional Municipality ("Regional Corporation") on December 31, 2002, enacted By-law 66-2002, to amend By-law 43-2002 to impose a revised tariff of fees and charges for services and activities provided or done by or on behalf of the Regional Corporation;
AND WHEREAS By-law 66-2002 included the water consumption rate and fees and charges for waste management system fees, and charges provided by the Regional Corporation or for the use of its property;
AND WHEREAS By-law 66-2002 was amended on March 4, 2004, to delete the water consumption rate and waste management system fees and charges contained herein;
AND WHEREAS Council of the Regional Corporation on February 12, 2004, enacted By-law 25-2004, being a stand-alone by-law to establish waste management system fees and charges;
AND WHEREAS Council of the Regional Corporation on July 8, 2004, enacted By-law 54-2004, to amend By-law 25-2004 to include the applicable waste management system fees and charges in accordance with Schedule A attached thereto;
AND WHEREAS Ontario Regulation 244/02 made under the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, states, in section 12, that a by-law imposing "fees or charges for the use of a waste management system . if not repealed earlier, expires on December 31 of the year following the year in which the by-law was passed";
AND WHEREAS By-law 54-2004 was passed on July 8, 2004 and, therefore, if not repealed earlier, will expire on December 31, 2005 pursuant to Ontario Regulation 244/02 section 12;
AND WHEREAS Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution adopted on October 27, 2005, authorized that By-law 54-2004 be repealed and replaced with the by-law herein and attached schedule, to establish the applicable waste management system fees and charges in accordance with Schedule A attached hereto;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. By-law 54-2004 is hereby repealed upon the passing of this by-law.
2. This by-law and the attached Schedule A outlining the applicable waste management system fees and charges are hereby adopted and enacted.
3. Despite the repeal of By-law 54-2004 herein, the waste management system fees and charges set out in Schedule A to By-law 54-2004, on the day immediately prior to the date this by-law comes into effect, shall continue to apply to waste management system fees and charges which became payable prior to the date upon which this by-law comes into effect.
4. This By-law may be referred to as the "Waste Management System Fees and Charges By-law, 2005".
5. This By-law takes effect on the day that it is passed.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 27th day of October, 2005.
Acting Regional Clerk
Schedule "A" to By-law Number 82-2005
Waste Management System Fees
|1||Tipping Fees (Caledon Land Fill)||$80.00||per tonne|
|2||Community Recycling Centre Minimum Drop-off (25 kg or less)||$2.00||per drop off|
|3||Community Recycling Centre Drop-off (over 25 kg)
||$0.08||per kilogram (kg)|
|4|| Community Recycling Centre Drop-Off Fee (scales non-operational)
|$2.00||per drop off|
|5||Community Recycling Centre Drop-Off Fee (scales non-operational)
- Pick-ups & Larger Vehicles
|$5.00||per drop off|
|6||Community Recycling Centre Drop-Off Fee (scales
|$2.00||+ appropriate vehicle fees per drop off|
|7|| Community Recycling Centre Drop-off Fee:
-Household Hazardous Waste
-Dedicated Loads of Blue and Grey Box Items
|no charge||if deemed acceptable|