REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL
to approve the expropriation of land being Part of Block A, Registered
Plan M-55, in the Town of Caledon, Regional Municipality of Peel, being
more particularly identified as Part 1 on Reference Plan 43R-30234 and
Part 3 on Reference Plan 43R-5223 and the taking of all steps necessary
to obtain the possession of those lands.
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation enacted By-law No. 100-2005
on December 15, 2005 authorizing commencement of the expropriation of the above-described
lands for the purposes set out therein;
AND WHEREAS no hearing of necessity will be held in respect of this proposed
expropriation, and the Regional Corporation now seeks approval of the proposed
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution passed
on April 6, 2006 authorized the approval of the expropriation of the above described
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
- The expropriation of the above mentioned lands, more particularly described
in the Certificate of Approval attached as Schedule "A" to this
by-law is hereby approved;
- That the Deputy Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to sign and execute
on behalf of the Council of the Regional Corporation and affix the corporate
seal to the Certificate of Approval attached hereto as Schedule "A"
and all other notices and documents which are necessary to carry out the provisions
to this by-law;
- That a Plan of Expropriation be prepared and registered in the proper land
- That a Notice of Expropriation be served upon each registered owner, together
with a Notice of Election form as to the date of assessment of compensation;
- That an appraisal report estimating the market value of the above mentioned
lands and the damages for injurious affection, if any, be obtained from a
third party appraiser;
- That an offer of an amount in full compensation for the registered owners'
interest in the above mentioned lands, and an offer for immediate payment
of 100% of market value as estimated by the expropriating authority, all in
accordance with s. 25 of the Expropriations Act, be served on each registered
owner, together with a copy of the appraisal report on which the offer of
compensation is based;
- That a Notice of Possession be served on each registered owner requiring
possession of the above mentioned lands at least three months after the date
of service of said notice.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED
IN OPEN COUNCIL this 6th day of April, 2006.
Schedule "A" to By-law 20-2006 available