|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 19-2015|
A by-law to authorize the construction of a sanitary sewer on Parker Drive, in the City of Mississauga, Ward 7, and undertake such work as a local improvement.
WHEREAS the owners of properties abutting on Parker Drive in the City of Mississauga, as set out in Schedule "A" to this by-law, have petitioned in favour of a local improvement for the construction of a sanitary sewer on Parker Drive, from 2158 Parker Drive to 2170 Parker Drive, in the City of Mississauga, Ward 7, (the "Works");
AND WHEREAS, the Regional Clerk has certified that the petition for undertaking the Works is sufficient pursuant to the requirements set out in Ontario Regulation 586/06 Local Improvement Charges - Priority Lien Status, under the Municipal Act, 2001, (the "Regulation");
AND WHEREAS, notice of the Region's intention to pass a by-law to undertake the Works as a local improvement has been provided to the public and to the owners of the lots liable to be specially charged;
AND WHEREAS, the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution passed on the 26th day of March 2015 authorized the construction of the Works under Capital Project 15-2751;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. That the Regional Corporation shall undertake the Works as a local improvement for the purpose of raising part of the cost of the Works by imposing special charges on lots that abut on the Works and/or immediately benefit from the Works in accordance with the provisions set out in the Regulation.
2. That the estimated cost of the Works is $175,000.00 (excluding taxes).
3. That the Commissioner of Public Works or the consulting engineer for the Regional Corporation shall take such action as may be necessary for the preparation of a contract or contracts for the execution of the Works under their supervision.
4. That, in accordance with subsection 16(3) of the Regulation, the threshold frontage for the purposes of imposing a special charge pursuant to this by-law shall be 22.0 metres.
5. That the owners' share of the cost is estimated at $174,150.00, being the sum of $1,365.00 per metre of assessed frontage plus a mandatory connection fee of $4,800 per lot, and the Regional Corporation’s share of the cost is estimated at approximately $850.00.
6. That the Regional Corporation’s share of the cost shall be funded from the Wastewater Capital Financing Stabilization Reserve (R0242), under Capital Project 15-2751.
READ THREE TIMES AND PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 26th day of March, 2015.
Schedule "A" to By-law 19-2015 (pdf)