|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 71-2015|
A by-law to amend By-law 43-2002 titled the "Fees By-law" and to repeal By-law 10-2015.
WHEREAS, the Council of the Regional Municipality of Peel ("Regional Corporation") on July 11, 2002 passed By-law 43-2002 to impose fees and charges for services or activities provided by the Regional Municipality of Peel, or for the use of its property, referred to as the "Fees By-law";
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation on October 10, 2002 passed By-law 53-2002, on December 12, 2002 passed By-law 66-2002 and on March 29, 2007 passed By-law 21-2007, all to amend By-law 43-2002;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation on February 19, 2015 passed By-law 10-2015 to further amend By-law 43-2002;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution adopted on December 3, 2015, authorized the enactment of the by-law herein to further amend By-law 43-2002;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. Schedule A attached to By-law 43-2002 is deleted and replaced with the Schedule A attached hereto;
2. Section 5 of By-law 43-2002 is amended by deleting subsection (8) and replacing it with the following:
(8) The Manager within Traffic Engineering is authorized to exempt the Road Closure Permit Fees when the closure is for community benefit and applied for by a not-for-profit organization.
3. Section 5 of By-law 43-2002 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(10) The Manager, PAMA, is authorized to exempt, in whole or in part, the admission fees where: the full facility is not available; on special occasions such as Family Day, cultural days etc.; the exemption is for marketing purposes; or she or he is of the opinion that the payment of the fees may create a barrier to participation as a result of economic hardship.
(11) Any Health Information Custodian ("HIC") or their agent is authorized to exempt, in whole or in part, any person from the Ambulance Call Report Fees where he or she is of the opinion that the payment of such fees may cause undue financial hardship to the person requiring the service in question.
4. By-law 10-2015 is hereby repealed;
5. Despite the repeal of By-law 10-2015 and despite the amendment of By-law 43-2002 herein, the tariff of fees set out in Schedule A to By-law 43-2002, as amended, that was in effect on the day any such fees became payable, shall continue to apply to fees which became payable prior to the date upon which this by-law comes into effect;
6. This by-law comes into effect on January 1, 2016.
READ THREE TIMES AND PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 3rd day of December, 2015.
Schedule "A" to By-law 71-2015 (pdf)