|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 72-2015|
A by-law to amend By-law 16-2007 titled the "Sewer Surcharge Rate and Sewer Waste Disposal Charge By-law" and to repeal By-law 11-2015.
WHEREAS, the Council of the Regional Municipality of Peel ("Regional Corporation"), on February 15, 2007 enacted By-law 16-2007 to establish the qualitative sanitary sewer surcharge rate and sewer waste disposal charge in accordance with Schedule A attached thereto;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation on February 19, 2015 enacted By-law 11-2015 to amend By-law 16-2007;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution adopted on December 3, 2015, authorized the enactment of the by-law herein to further amend By-law 16-2007;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. Schedule A attached to By-law 16-2007 is deleted and replaced with the Schedule A attached hereto;
2. By-law 11-2015 is hereby repealed;
3. Despite the repeal of By-law 11-2015 and the amendment of By-law 16-2007 herein, the qualitative sewer surcharge rate and sewer waste disposal charge set out in Schedule A to By-law 16-2007, as amended, that were in effect on the day any such rates or charges became payable, shall continue to apply to the rates and charges which became payable prior to the date upon which this by-law comes into effect.;
4. This by-law comes into effect January 1, 2016.
READ THREE TIMES AND PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 3rd day of December, 2015.
2016 Sewer Surcharge Rate and Sewer Waste Disposal Charge By-law
SCHEDULE A to By-law 72-2015
Sewer Surcharge Rate and Sewer Waste Disposal Charge
The rates set out below are effective for all accounts rendered on or after the day this by-law comes into effect.
1. Qualitative Sanitary Sewer Surcharge Rate: $345.00 per 1,000 cubic meters.
2. Sewer Waste Disposal Charge: $13.00 per 1,000 gallons.
NOTE: For cash transactions (only), when pennies are not available (following the Royal Canadian Mint's elimination of the penny from circulation), the total cash payment for the final fee (inclusive of taxes where applicable) will be rounded (up or down) to the nearest five-cent increment in accordance with Regional accounting procedures.