The development of the 2010 Budget for the Regional Municipality of Peel begins with the preparation of a scheduled timeframe, the setting of targets, identifying preliminary estimates and the communication of these to Council. The link to the report outlining these objectives for 2010 is presented below when available.
- 2010 Budget Process and Preliminary Estimates (PDF 6 pages, 48KB)
In addition to this report, there are other reports that have been shared with Council that outline various factors that are impacting the financial positioning of the 2010 Current and Capital Budgets. The link to these reports is presented below:
- Economic Indicators and Human Services Program Impacts (PDF 10 pages, 99KB)
- Public Works Capital Works Status Update (PDF 4 pages, 122KB)
- Background Information on Utility Rate Process (PDF 9 pages, 57KB)
- Reserve Sustainability (PDF 9 pages, 67KB)
The Executive Summary provides Council with a high level overview of the requirements for both the Current and Capital Budgets for 2010. The details included in this summary are the Key Program Drivers, the Staffing Requirements, the 2010 Capital Budget and the 10 Year Capital Plan highlights and some of the pressures that are not included in the 2010 Budget.
Attached to this document are seven summaries with details on the following topics: 2010 Current Budget by Program, Summary of Efficiencies, 2010 Capital Budget, 2011-2019 Capital Forecast, Staffing Information, Proposed User Fees, and Proposed 2010 Water Consumption and Waste Management Fees and Charges.
The Executive Summary that is presented below is a picture of the overall requirements of the 2010 budget for the Region as it was presented to Council on December 3, 2009.
Subsequent to the preliminary presentation of this Executive Summary, there were further changes made to the budget as a result of new inputs and decisions made by Council through budget deliberations. The subsequent changes which resulted in a reduction to the budget of $11,106,000 are listed below.
Phase-in of elimination of Co-payment for childcare
Tax rebate for low-income seniors and disabled persons
Increase to OPP Services
Decrease to Assessment Services Budget
Removal of the 1% Reserve Contribution to capital
- 2010 Current and Capital Budget Executive Summary (PDF 162KB, 37 pages)
2010 Budget Presentations to Council for Region Controlled Programs
- 2010 Current and Capital Budget Overview (PDF 349KB, 51 pages)
- 2010 Public Works Council Presentation (PDF 63KB, 16 pages)
- 2010 Health Services Council Presentation (PDF 111KB, 18 pages)
- 2010 Human Services Council Presentation (PDF 84KB, 15 pages)
- 2010 Internal Services Council Presentation (PDF 62KB, 13 pages)
The 2010 Budget Document includes an Executive Summary followed by an integrated Current and Capital Budget story for each Regional program. The commentary in each program highlights the additional cost required to provide the 2009 level of service in 2010 due to inflation, cost of living and annualization of previous Council decisions. It also identifies the cost of new pressures in 2010 related to growth and service demands. The section on Capital includes the balance of existing capital works in process plus the addition of the new capital being requested for 2010.
The opening page of each of the budget documents provides a summary of the programs 2010 budget requirements. It outlines the budget highlights for the Current Budget, the Capital Budget and the Staff resources required to deliver these services. The final appendix of the document outlines the outputs and outcomes, both for the current year and the budget year, that are tracked to measure performance and effectiveness of program deliverables.
Included in the Budget Document is the 2010 Budget Document Guidelines designed to assist the reader navigate the budget document and provide some detail on the information that has been presented.
The complete Budget Document is presented below.
- 2010 Budget Document Table of Contents (PDF 1 page, 22KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Guidelines (PDF 4 pages, 44KB)
- 2010 Current and Capital Budget Executive Summary (PDF 37 pages, 162KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Public Works
- 2010 Budget Document Water (PDF 50 pages, 282KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Wastewater (PDF 35 pages, 272KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Transportation (PDF 59 pages, 262KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Waste Management (PDF 21 pages, 152KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Operations Support Services (PDF 28 pages, 251KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Development Services (PDF 11 pages, 80KB)
- 2010 Capital Budget Maps
- 2010 Budget Document Health Services
- 2010 Budget Document Public Health (PDF 17 pages, 130KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Long Term Care (PDF 16 pages, 127KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Paramedic Services (PDF 18 pages, 149KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Health Services Program Support (PDF 5 pages, 49KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Human Services
- 2010 Budget Document Department Restructuring (PDF 4 pages, 66KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Ontario Works (PDF 22 pages, 187KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Children's Services (PDF 21 pages, 158KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Housing Programs (PDF 17 pages, 126KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Residential Operations (PDF 7 pages, 63KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Program Support (PDF 12 pages, 106KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Internal Services/Non-Program
- 2010 Regional Financed External Organizations
- 2010 Budget Document Peel Regional Police (PDF 24 pages, 197KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Ontario Provincial Police (PDF 10 pages, 88KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Conservation Authorities (PDF 31 pages, 283KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Assessment Services (PDF 7 pages, 61KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Ontario Disability Support Program (PDF 9 pages, 119KB)
- 2010 Budget Document Toronto Tax (PDF 5 pages, 44KB)