Self Esteem: Strengthening Self-Esteem
Making the Healthy Mind...Healthy Body Connection
- Self-esteem is the value you place on yourself. Healthy self-esteem gives you energy to cope with the many challenges you face day to day. It helps you to go after what you really need and handle difficult, risky or frightening situations. It also helps you to reach out to help others.
- Your sense of worth is affected by many factors:
- Some are memories in the past.
- Some are related to stage of life - the teen years and middle age are two periods of big change, that often result in feelings of confusion and self-doubt.
- The stress and rapid change in our present times affect many aspects of personal, social and work life. Sometimes, identity and sense of worth are totally dependent on having a job, or being in a relationship. If these end, self-esteem could hit rock bottom.
- Bookmark this site map now, and you can work through the process of strengthening self-esteem at your own pace. With understanding, reflection and practice, you'll experience the difference.