How Teeth affect Health
Teeth and School Performance
*This webpage is for information purposes only. It is NOT a substitute for professional dental advice.*
- Children experiencing dental pain may not be able to concentrate well enough to learn.
- Tooth pain at night might cause a child to be irritable and tired at school the next day.
How Dental Problems Affect School Performance
Poor oral health can affect a child's:
- Concentration. He might not be able to focus enough to
- Sleeping. Children who can’t sleep at night might come
to school feeling irritable and tired.
- Behaviour. A child who is labelled “disruptive” in class
might be acting out or misbehaving because of dental
- School Attendance. Children suffering from dental pain
might miss enough school days that their grades suffer.