Last Reviewed: April 2017
Are you ready for the emotional changes that come with having a baby? Is your partner ready? How would having a baby impact your emotions and your relationship with your partner?
- Be sure about your relationship before you start planning a pregnancy
- Having a baby does not make a bad relationship better, it only adds to the stress
- Having mixed feelings about becoming pregnant are normal
- Talk to family, friends, and other parents
- Discuss how you might deal with the emotional, physical and financial changes that parenthood will bring
- Having a child results in a life long connection to your partner
For more information:
Region of Peel — Public Health
905-799-7700 Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Caledon residents call free of charge at 905-584-2216
To speak with a Public Health Nurse