All evening Prenatal Education and Healthy Start classes are cancelled for Wed, February 6 due to severe weather.
Last Reviewed: April 2017
Important signs to watch for if you are pregnant
- Bad cramps or stomach pains that don't go away.
- Bleeding or a trickle or gush of fluid from your vagina.
- Lower back pain/pressure or change in lower back pain.
- A feeling that the baby is pushing down.
- Contractions or change in the strength or number of them.
- An increase in the amount of vaginal discharge.
- Fever, chills, dizziness, vomiting or a bad headache.
- Blurry vision or spots before your eyes.
- Sudden or severe swelling of your feet, hand or face.
- A significant change in your baby's movements.
Go to a hospital right away and contact your doctor/midwife if you have any of these symptoms.
Adapted with permission from:
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre
Free Pregnancy Programs and Classes
Peel Public Health offers a variety of free prenatal programs to meet the needs of the residents of Peel. All of these programs are facilitated by a Public Health Nurse. All locations offer free parking.
Choose from the following to meet your individual needs:
Call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 for more information about all of our prenatal programs.