Last Reviewed: April 2017
|Important signs to watch for if you are pregnant||
- Bad cramps or stomach pains that don't go away.
- Bleeding or a trickle or gush of fluid from your vagina.
- Lower back pain/pressure or change in lower back pain.
- A feeling that the baby is pushing down.
- Contractions or change in the strength or number of them.
- An increase in the amount of vaginal discharge.
- Fever, chills, dizziness, vomiting or a bad headache.
- Blurry vision or spots before your eyes.
- Sudden or severe swelling of your feet, hand or face.
- A significant change in your baby's movements.
Go to a hospital right away and contact your doctor/midwife if you have any of these symptoms!
Adapted with permission from:
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre
Taking Care of Yourself
Your environment - home & work
It’s important for you to be aware that certain conditions in your environment at home or at work may affect your pregnancy.
Most women can safely work throughout their pregnancy without any harmful effects on their baby. However, there may be situations in your workplace that you need to be aware of to make healthy decisions for you and your baby.
Learn about things you can do at home or at work to have the healthiest pregnancy possible.