The Survey of Parents of Children 0 to 2 Years - 2002 report describes results of a telephone survey conducted with mothers who resided in Peel Region, delivered a baby in 2000 or 2001 and spoke English. Data regarding pregnancy and health, fetal alcohol syndrome, folic acid use, physical activity, reading to children, sun safety, second hand smoke, dental health, parenting, child care, family meals, food insecurity, child health issues, car seat safety, access to services and information, and demographic characteristics of mother are described throughout the report.
This report includes the following sections and chapters:
- Acknowledgements (PDF 18KB, 2 pages)
- Table of Contents (PDF 25KB, 2 pages)
- List of Tables and Figures (PDF 22KB, 4 pages)
- List of Appendices (PDF 18KB, 2 pages)
- Executive Summary (PDF 34KB, 4 pages)
Summary on the growing consensus that the early years of life are critical in the development and future well-being of children.
- Introduction (PDF 30KB, 2 pages)
- Methods (PDF 21KB, 2 pages)
The sampling frame for this survey was drawn from the Healthy Babies / Healthy Children Database (HBHC), also referred to as the Integrated Services for Children Information System (ISCIS).
- Results (PDF 223KB, 48 pages)
4,814 calls were made and 1,649 calls completed, yielding a response rate of 46%.
- Discussion (PDF 47KB, 8 pages)
This survey attempts to address gaps in information regarding Peel’s pre-school aged children by contacting parents of children that were born in 2000 or 2001.
- Conclusion and Recommendations (PDF 85KB , 2 pages)
- References (PDF 28KB, 4 pages)
- Appendix-A (PDF 19KB, 2 pages)
- Appendix-B (PDF 71KB, 28 pages)
A complete copy of the report is available in PDF format: The Survey of Parents of Children 0 to 2 Years - 2002 report. (PDF 847KB, 107 pages)
To save the PDF to disk, right click on the link above and choose "Save Target As..." from the menu.