The State of the Region’s Health Report is published annually as a summary of the health status of residents of Peel region. It is intended to highlight key health issues and trends for the population of Peel.
The State of the Region’s Health 2004 report focuses on suicide, a condition that touches the lives of many people and affects people of all ages. This report describes risk factors associated with suicide and the occurrence of suicide in Canada, Ontario and Peel region, including data about suicidal thoughts, hospitalization for suicide attempts, and suicide mortality. In addition, the most common methods used in suicidal attempts and deaths are described.
At the end of this report, a section titled Peel Health Facts (see page 24) highlights the most recent health indicator data, including population projections, leading causes of mortality and premature mortality, leading causes of hospitalization and selected reproductive health statistics for Peel Region.
Introduction (PDF, 90KB)
Table of Contents:
- Message from the Acting Medical Officer of Health (PDF 111KB, 1 page)
- Acknowledgements (PDF 34KB, 1 page)
- Table of Contents (PDF 68KB, 1 page)
- List of Figures and Tables (PDF 35KB, 1 page)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Suicide - An Overview
- Chapter 3 - Suicide in Canada
- Chapter 4 - Suicide in the Region of Peel and Ontario
- Chapter 5 - Summary
- Peel Health Facts (PDF 65KB, 5 pages)
- Data Sources, Methods, and Limitations (PDF 47KB, 2 pages)
- References (PDF 38KB, 1 pages)