Suicide - an Overview
- Suicide is one of the leading causes of mortality and hospitalization in Canada, Ontario and the Region of Peel.
- Many suicide deaths occur early in life and have a tremendous impact on potential years of life lost or premature death.
- Individuals who have suicidal thoughts are more likely to attempt suicide or to commit suicide.
Chapter 2 - Suicide - an Overview (PDF, 111KB)
Table of Contents:
- Message from the Acting Medical Officer of Health (PDF 111KB, 1 page)
- Acknowledgements (PDF 34KB, 1 page)
- Table of Contents (PDF 68KB, 1 page)
- List of Figures and Tables (PDF 35KB, 1 page)
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Suicide - An Overview
- Chapter 3 - Suicide in Canada
- Chapter 4 - Suicide in the Region of Peel and Ontario
- Chapter 5 - Summary
- Peel Health Facts (PDF 65KB, 5 pages)
- Data Sources, Methods, and Limitations (PDF 47KB, 2 pages)
- References (PDF 38KB, 1 pages)