State of the Regionís Health 2007 - HIV/AIDS
The State of the Region’s Health 2007 report focuses on the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). It discusses the trends in HIV and AIDS in Peel Region, along with the risk factors associated with HIV infection.
This report contains recommendations to assist Peel Public Health staff in raising community awareness of HIV and AIDS, in their efforts to reduce the transmission of HIV, and in providing programs and services aimed at enhancing the quality of life of Peel residents who are living with HIV/AIDS.
This report includes the following sections and chapters:
- Table of Contents (PDF 164KB, 1 page)
- List of Figures (PDF 49KB, 1 pages)
- Message from the Medical Officer of Health (PDF 231KB, 1 page)
- Introduction (PDF139KB, 1 page)
- HIV/AIDS - an Overview (Chapter 1)
- Epidemiology of HIV/AIDS (Chapter 2)
- HIV/AIDS Risk Factors (Chapter 3)
- Co-Infections with HIV/AIDS
- HIV/AIDS Mortality (Chapter 5)
- Special Populations (Chapter 6)
- Discussion (PDF 50KB, 1 page)
- Recommendations (PDF 61KB, 3 pages)
- Peel Health Facts (PDF 81KB, 7 pages)
- Data Sources, Methods and Limitations (PDF 97KB, 10 pages)
- Glossary (PDF 68KB, 4 pages)
- References (PDF 60KB, 2 pages)
A complete copy of the report is available in PDF format: State of the Region’s Health 2007 - HIV/AIDS. (PDF 1.96MB, 54 pages)
To save the PDF to disk, right click on the link above and choose "Save Target As..." from the menu.