- Sexual health is affected by chronic conditions such as diabetes, ischemic heart disease, prostate cancer and cervical cancer.
- The number and rates of sexually transmitted and bloodborne infections such as AIDS/HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis among Peel seniors were very low while hepatitis B and C were higher.
- Combined, there were 28 cases of AIDS/HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, infectious syphilis and acute hepatitis B reported among Peel seniors between 1995 and 2004.
- The incidence of new hepatitis B carriers among seniors in Peel has been approximately 30 to 40 per 100,000 seniors from 1998 to 2004. These rates were lower than the 10-year high of 69 per 100,000 in 1995.
- The incidence rates of hepatitis C have increased between 2002 and 2004 among Peel seniors.
Sexual Health (PDF 7 pages, 249KB)
Table of contents:
- Table of Contents (PDF 130KB, 2 pages)
- List of Figures, Tables, Maps and Appendices (PDF 217KB, 9 pages)
- Executive Summary (PDF 175KB, 10 pages)
- Introduction (PDF128KB, 2 pages)
- Peel's Seniors (Chapter 1)
- General Health (Chapter 2)
- Mental Health (Chapter 3)
- Barriers to Health (Chapter 4)
- Health-Care Services and Utilization (Chapter 5)
- Lifestyle and Health Behaviour (Chapter 6)
- Sexual Health (Chapter 7)
- Communicable Disease (Chapter 8)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Chapter 9)
- Cancer (Chapter 10)
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (Chapter 11)
- Diabetes (Chapter 12)
- Arthritis or Rheumatism (Chapter 13)
- Injury (Chapter 14)
- External Causes of Emergency Department
Visits, Morbidity and Mortality (Chapter 15)
- Recommendations (PDF 68KB, 5 pages)
- Data Sources, Methods and Limitations (PDF 82KB, 7 pages)
- Appendices (PDF 74KB, 6 pages)
- References (PDF 88KB, 7 pages)