This section describes the participants in the survey:
- A total of 11,960 elementary and secondary students were invited to participate in the survey.
- Of these, 66% (7,853) completed the survey. Six per cent (512) did not specify sex and/or grade on their surveys and were excluded from the final analyses. The sample was adjusted to reflect the proportion of the sample in the population of students from grades 7 to 12 in Peel.
- Fifty-five per cent of the sample was female. Close to three in every ten (29%) students in Peel reported they had been born outside Canada.
Chapter 1 - Student Profile (PDF 43KB, 4 pages)
Table of Contents:
- Table of Contents (PDF 34KB, 4 pages)
- List of Figures and Tables (PDF 52KB, 17 pages)
- Executive Summary (PDF 57KB, 8 pages)
- Introduction (PDF 31KB, 2 pages)
- Student Health 2005 - Introduction
- Chapter 1 - Student Profile
- Chapter 2 - Eating Habits, Physical Activity and Body Weight
- Chapter 3 - Tobacco, Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs
- Chapter 4 - Bullying and Safety
- Chapter 5 - Mental Health and Self Esteem
- Chapter 6 - Sexual Health
- Chapter 7 - Dental Health
- Chapter 8 - Injuries
- Chapter 9 - Sun Safety
- Data Sources, Methods, and Limitations (PDF 45KB, 4 pages)
- References (PDF 49KB, 8 pages)
- News Release