Vaccine Preventable Diseases
Hepatitis B (Hep B) Vaccine
The Hepatitis B Immunization Program
- Consents are sent home to all grade 7 students. Parental/legal guardian permission is required for all students under 14 years of age.
Information on how to fill out the Hepatitis B/Meningococcal Consent Form - [PDF]
- Parents of students who require medical supervision during immunization and/or have special needs (i.e. non-verbal students) should contact Peel Public Health – 905-799-7700.
- Immunization against hepatitis B is voluntary but strongly recommended by Peel Public Health.
- Students with a valid consent will be given two doses of the vaccine 4-6 months apart by registered nurses at school-based clinics.
- Eligible students who miss their opportunity to get the vaccine in grade 7 will be offered the vaccine in school again in grade 8.
- Students who miss their opportunity to get the vaccine in school should call Peel Public Health to ask about our Catch-Up Immunization Clinics.
- If your child attends a non-traditional school setting (i.e. vocation or home school), please call Peel Public Health to discuss other immunization options.
Learn more about Hepatitis B and the Hepatitis B Vaccine
For more information call Peel Public Health at: 905-799-7700.
Caledon residents call free of charge at 905-584-2216.
Immunize On Time. Report Every Time.