Vaccine Preventable Diseases
Hepatitis B (Hep B) Vaccine
The Grade 7 Hep B Immunization Program
- Consents are sent home to all grade 7 students in the fall of each school year and parental/legal guardian permission is required for all students under 14 years of age.
Information on how to fill out the Hepatitis B/Meningococcal Consent Form - [PDF]
- Immunization against hepatitis B is voluntary but strongly recommended by Peel Public Health.
- Grade 7 students with a valid consent will be given two doses of the vaccine 6 months apart by registered nurses at school-based clinics.
- Individuals who are not eligible for the publicly funded vaccine are able to access the vaccine through their family physicians for a fee. The cost of the vaccine is not covered by OHIP. Only the doctor’s fee to give the injection is covered by OHIP. Normally the cost of two injections, if purchased from the pharmacy and given by your doctor, would be about $100.
- The school immunization clinic schedule is available through the school or Peel Public Health.
- If your child is not in a traditional school setting, please call Peel Public Health to discuss available options for getting the vaccine.
Reliable Resources on Hepatitis B and the Hepatitis B Vaccine
For More Information Call Peel Health at: 905-799-7700.
Caledon Residents Can call Free Of Charge at 905-584-2216.
Immunize On Time. Report Every Time.