Vaccine Preventable Diseases
Meningococcal Vaccine Program
The Meningococcal ACYW-135 (Conjugate) Immunization Program
Students 12 years of age and older require the meningococcal ACYW-135 vaccine or provide a valid exemption.
Grade 7 Students
- Consents will be sent home with all grade 7 students. Parental/legal guardian permission is required for all students under 14 years of age.
- Parents of students who require medical supervision during immunization and/or have special needs (i.e. non-verbal students) should contact Peel Public Health – 905-799-7700.
- The Meningococcal ACYW-135 vaccine is required for school attendance.
- Eligible students with a valid consent will be given one dose of the Meningococcal ACYW-135 vaccine at a school-based clinic.
- Eligible students who miss their opportunity to get the vaccine in grade 7 will be offered the vaccine in school again in grade 8. Since it is required for school attendance, it is recommended they receive it in grade 7 when first offered.
- Students who miss their opportunity to get the vaccine in school should call Peel Public Health to ask about our Catch-Up Immunization Clinics.
- If your child attends a non-traditional school setting (i.e. vocation or home school), please call Peel Public Health to discuss other immunization options.
Learn more about Meningococcal Disease and the Meningococcal Vaccine
For more information call Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700.
Return to School-Based Immunization Clinics
Immunize On Time. Report Every Time.