Pandemic Influenza Plan for the Health Sector in Peel 2007
The Pandemic Influenza Plan for the Health Sector in Peel – 2007 provides a comprehensive approach for pandemic preparedness and emergency response for health care organizations in Peel. This document contains information that will guide local pandemic planning activities.
The Plan is closely aligned with the Ontario Health Pandemic Influenza Plan and the Canadian Pandemic Influenza Plan. It has been prepared by representatives from the Peel Public Health, health care sector organizations in Peel, Regional staff, and numerous stakeholders.
This Plan will be updated as necessary to reflect current best practices and changes to federal and provincial pandemic plans.
This report includes the following sections and chapters:
- Table of Contents (PDF 97KB, 2 pages)
- List of Figures, Tables, and Abbreviations (PDF 39KB, 3 pages)
- Acknowledgements (PDF 30KB, 1 page)
- Executive Summary (PDF 38KB, 4 pages)
Section 1: Overview
- Roles and Responsibilities (Chapter 5)
- Emergency Response and the Incident Management System
- Authority and Legislation (Chapter 7)
- Surveillance (Chapter 8)
- Vaccine (Chapter 9)
- Antiviral Drugs (Chapter 10)
- Public Health Measures (Chapter 11)
- Health Services (Chapter 12)
- Communications (Chapter 13)
- Natural Death Surge Planning (Chapter 14)
- Health Sector Planning and Response by Pandemic Phase
Section 2: Concept of Operations
Section 3: Response Components
Section 4: Planning and Preparedness
A complete copy of the report is available in PDF format: Pandemic Influenza Plan for the Health Sector in Peel 2007. (PDF 518KB, 121 pages)
To save the PDF to disk, right click on the link above and choose "Save Target As..." from the menu.