Chapter 10: Antiviral Drugs
Antiviral drugs can be used to treat or prevent influenza, and will likely be the only virus-specific measure available during the first wave of illness before vaccine is available. Statistical modeling suggests that early treatment of influenza with antiviral drugs can significantly reduce influenza complications and the need for hospitalization.
The antiviral drug strategy describes the role of Peel Public Health and other health sector stakeholders in the distribution and use of antiviral drugs during the pandemic.
Antiviral Drugs (PDF 4 pages, 31KB)
Table of contents:
- Table of Contents (PDF 97KB, 2 pages)
- List of Figures, Tables, and Abbreviations (PDF 39KB, 3 pages)
- Acknowledgements (PDF 30KB, 1 page)
- Executive Summary (PDF 38KB, 4 pages)
Section 1: Overview
Section 2: Concept of Operations
- Roles and Responsibilities (Chapter 5)
- Emergency Response and the Incident Management System (Chapter 6)
- Authority and Legislation (Chapter 7)
Section 3: Response Components
- Section 4: Planning and Preparedness