Cover Your Internet Tracks
|Peel Committee Against Woman Abuse
Education Wife Assault
- The Peel Committee Against Woman Abuse (PCAWA) is a group of individuals representing various agencies in Peel. The committee’s mandate is to promote a comprehensive and effective response to woman abuse in Peel.
National Clearinghouse on Family Violence - Health Canada
- Education Wife Assault’s mission is to inform and educate the community about the issue of wife assault/woman abuse in order to decrease the incidence of physical, psychological, emotional and sexual violence against women and the effect that woman abuse has on children.
Ontario Women's Directorate – Preventing Violence Against Women
- The National Crime Prevention Strategy is based on the principle that the surest way to reduce crime is to focus on the factors that put individuals at risk - factors like family violence, school problems and drug abuse. It aims to reduce crime and victimization by tackling crime before it happens.
Declaration on the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- The Ontario Women’s Directorate (OWD) provides focus for government action on issues of concern to women - in particular, social, economic and justice-related issues. The OWD has two key areas of activity: preventing violence against women and promoting women's economic independence
Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children
- Developed by the United Nations in 1993, this Declaration recognizes the urgent need for the universal application to women of the rights and principles with regard to equality, security, liberty, integrity and dignity of all human beings.
- The Metropolitan Toronto Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children (METRAC) is a community-based organization that seeks to decrease and eliminate all forms of violence against women and children. METRAC is committed to the right of women and children to live their lives free of violence and the threat of violence.