What messages about sexuality do you want to give your
As a parent, you play the most important role in
teaching and advising your kids about sex and sexual
orientation. Your children will be influenced by your
values and beliefs through watching and listening to
Key Messages to Convey
It’s never too early to help your children feel good about their individuality, their body image and their sexuality. Conveying these messages from the beginning will
set them on the right track.
About Sexual Health
About Relating to Others
- Respect yourself and others.
- Know the qualities of a healthy relationship.
- Recognize when a relationship is unhealthy.
- Take time for your relationships to grow and deepen before you have sex.
- Both partners should agree on when to become sexually active. No one has the right to persuade you to do something you don’t want to do.
- You have the right to say "No" to a relationship or any intimate act at any time.
About Sexual Orientation
- Be comfortable with your sexual orientation.
- Forming your sexual identity means understanding and accepting your sexual attraction to others, whether
you’re drawn to the opposite sex, same sex or both.
Sexuality in General
- Sexuality is an important part of being human.
- Your sexuality lasts a lifetime.