Healthy sexuality is a fundamental, enriching aspect of being human.
Being sexually healthy means being able to:
- Comfortably discuss your feelings and values.
- Initiate sex or say no to sex.
- Enjoy sexual expression, arousal and orgasm without fear, guilt or shame.
- Exercise your sexual rights.
Healthy sexuality involves not only being male or female, but also your:
- Attitudes and feelings.
- Physical and emotional needs.
- Sexual needs and desires throughout your lifetime.
- Pleasure and fulfillment.
- Reproduction and fertility.
- Self image and respect.
Healthy sexuality has to do with:
- Communicating, accepting and giving love and affection.
- Cultural and religious influences.
Expressing intimacy and feeling like you belong.
Sexual expression is the way we give and receive love.
It can happen in many ways, like:
- Participating in fun activities.
- Revealing private feelings and thoughts.
- Giving warm touches or hugs; or sharing physical intimacy.
We express ourselves sexually during our entire lives through: