Childhood Diseases and Illnesses
- Caused by a virus.
- Symptoms are usually mild and may include cough, sneezing, runny nose and/or fever.
- Easily spread by respiratory droplets and touching discharge from mouth and nose.
Instructions for Schools
- Does not need to be reported to Peel Public Health.
- May attend school if feeling well enough to participate. Having a cold need not restrict a child from playing outdoors.
- Encourage thorough hand washing and respiratory etiquette.
Treat the symptoms with over the counter medications at your pharmacy.