Benefits of Active Living
Looking for a reason to get out and enjoy active living?
Here's a few of the benefits of physical activity:
- Helps you relax and manage stress.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Increases energy.
- Improves posture and balance.
- Improves your self esteem and mood.
- Improves your quality of life.
- Increases flexibility and strength in muscles.
- Improves sleep.
- Helps you control your weight.
living also reduces
the risk of:
- Heart disease
- Falls and injuries
- Adult-onset diabetes
- Colon cancer
- High blood pressure
- Premature death
From: Public Health Agency of Canada
Want to get started? Learn about the 3 Activity Groups.
Be Active at Work