Imagine doing something that you enjoy that can help you sleep better, have more energy, and improve posture and balance.
Would you be interested?
What if you could control your weight, improve your self-esteem, manage stress, and improve your quality of life? You'd think it's too good to be true. Well think again! Regular physical activity can do all this for you and more.
Canada’s Physical Activity Guidelines recommend that adults (ages 18-64):
- Accumulate at least 150 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week to achieve health benefits.
- Moderate-intensity activity: makes you breathe harder and your heart beat faster.
- Vigorous-intensity activity: makes you breathe fast and hard and your heart beat will increase quite a bit.
- Include muscle-strengthening and bone-strengthening activities in your routine at least 2 days per week.
- Do more! Any amount of physical activity will benefit your body, but the more you do the greater the health benefits!
Start by adding 10 minutes of activity a few times a day.
- Take the stairs whenever you can.
- Walk at lunch or on your break.
- Do a few stretches to relieve stress at your desk.
Use the information listed at the right to help you enjoy physical activity.
While most people can benefit from an increase in their activity level, be sure to talk to your doctor before starting a new physical activity program.