Are you Ready for Action?
Trying Physical Activity on for Size
Did you know?
- You can increase your fitness level with even a moderate intensity activity.
- Three 10-minute blocks of activity are as good as one 30-minute session of activity.
- Housework and yard work count as physical activity too.
You're On Your Way!
The fact that you're making plans to get more active is a step in the right direction.
It's time to explore ways to increase the number of minutes you're active every day and pick up the pace or intensity. Start by looking at the obstacles keeping you from being more active and find ways to get past them.
Get support! Enjoy physical activity with your family, co-workers and friends. Ask someone to help keep you motivated and on track towards your fitness or health goals.
Set a few realistic, measurable goals and get started. This will take about 10 minutes, but will help you keep active for a lifetime. Don't get caught making excuses! Use the acronym S.M.A.R.T. when setting your goals.
S.M.A.R.T. goals are:
- Specific - state a specific result (increase activity, decrease sitting, add 10 minutes, not "improve").
- Measurable - everyday, increase by 10 minutes, all the way around the block, etc.
- Achievable - not impossible but not meaningless.
- Realistic - no unreasonable deadlines or sacrifices.
- Time-oriented - by next the end of the month or season.
Start by developing some S.M.A.R.T. short term and long term goals.
What's your excuse?
Are You Ready for Action?