How Can I be Physically Active at Work?
Every Bit Counts!
- Give yourself stretch breaks during meetings and other times during the work day - it only takes a few minutes.
- Start an early morning or after work exercise group.
- Park further from your entrance and walk.
- Get off the bus one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way.
- Start a house league in your favourite sport.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Challenge other departments to a game of volleyball, Frisbee, catch or road hockey.
- Have a walking meeting - grab your colleagues and discuss business while taking a walk.
- Save some time on your lunch or break to enjoy your favourite activity.
- Contract your stomach and back muscles while sitting in your chair or on the bus.
- Try walking to your co-workers desk instead of using the phone or sending an e-mail.
- Roll your shoulders and stretch your neck when sitting in front of the computer.
- Choose active forms of transportation - walk, bike or rollerblade to work.
Don't forget to stretch!
Do some of these ideas appeal to you? Use this tool (PDF 35KB, 1 page) to help set a personal goal to lead a more active life.
Be Active at Work