Where Can I get Emergency Housing?
Peel Access to Housing does not provide emergency housing.
If you are in immediate need of emergency housing please contact Ontario Works in Peel. Ontario Works in Peel can be contacted at 905-793-9200 during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday), or through The After Hours Line at 905-451-6108 at all other times. Or visit our Emergency Shelters page.
If you are facing eviction due to issues like unpaid rents or utilities, Ontario Works in Peel’s Preventing Homelessness in Peel Program (PHIPP) might be able to help. PHIPP provides one-time emergency assistance to low-income families and individuals at risk of losing their residence. To access this service, please call 905-793-9200.
Other support resources are available through:
- Street Helpline Peel - Peel's street outreach program: 1-877-848-8481;
- Community Care Access Centre of Peel - Support and assistance with day-to-day needs: 905-796-0040 or 1-888-733-1177
- Distress Centre Peel: 905-278-7208
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Centre of Peel: 905-278-9036
- Youth Mental Health Crisis Response Service: 416-410-8615