For Immediate Release
February 15, 2001
Commissioner of Planning
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4349
PEEL AGRICULTURAL ADVISORY WORKING GROUP ANNOUNCES 2001-2003 MEMBERSHIP
(Brampton) - The new membership of the Peel Agricultural Advisory Working Group (PAAWG) was approved today by Regional Council.
Formed in 1997, PAAWG is an advisory committee to Regional Council, composed of volunteers knowledgeable on issues impacting the agricultural and farming community in Peel. PAAWG completed its first three-year term at the end of December 2000.
The new members for PAAWG's 2001-2003 term are:
- Regional Chair Emil Kolb
- Regional Councillor Marolyn Morrison, Town of Caledon - Ward 2
- Regional Councillor Chris Harker, Town of Caledon - Ward 5
- Councillor John Hutton, City of Brampton - Ward 6
- David Lyons, Town of Caledon
- Anne Livingston, Town of Caledon
- Bill Jackson, Town of Caledon
- Kevin Watson, Town of Caledon
- Frances Johnston, City of Brampton
- David Armstrong, Town of Caledon
- Blythe Meek, Town of Caledon
- Cliff Laidlaw, City of Brampton
- John Pesce, Town of Caledon
- Jim Moore, Town of Caledon
Members of the working group possess qualifications, abilities and interests relating to agriculture and represent a variety of agricultural organizations in Peel. Despite increased growth and urbanization, the existing agricultural community in Peel represents a significant component of the local economy.
For further information about this working group, call 905-791-7800, Ext. 4354.
- 30 -Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |