For Immediate Release
June 7, 2001

Nathalie Henning
Acting Manager, Waste Collection and Processing
Public Works
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4541

Recycle Your Cardboard Boxes the Right Way

(Brampton) - Not sure what to do with your empty cardboard boxes?

The following are practical steps that should be taken when disposing of large boxboard or corrugated cardboard:

If the box is small enough, for example, a cereal or cookie box, it can be flattened and placed in your grey box. Large amounts of boxboard, however, must be flattened and tied.

Here is a reminder for residents who are moving. Properly flatten all cardboard and boxboard to the required size. Do not place garbage or yard waste in the boxes. Flatten and bundle the cardboard with string and place it at your curb for collection.

If you prefer not to leave flattened cardboard at your curb, simply take the bundle to a recycling depot in your area.

For more information on this or any other waste management programs, please visit the Region of Peel's Web site at, or call the WASTELINE at 905-791-9499. Residents in long distance areas in Caledon can call, free-of-charge, 905-584-2216 and ask for the WASTELINE.

Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail

| Home | News ReleasesCorporate Overview | Regional Departments |
Regional Council | Maps | Search |