For Immediate Release
March 1, 2001
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4426
REGION SAYS PACK RECYCLING BOX ITEMS TIGHT
(Brampton) - The Region of Peel warns that strong wind can send recycling box materials flying, littering your street and neighbourhood.
Here are some tips to remember:
- Fit smaller items, such as pop cans and milk cartons, securely in your Blue Box so they do not fall out.
- Do not overload your recycling box.
- Put newspapers, magazines, catalogues, household papers, and flattened boxboard securely in your Grey Box, with heavier items placed on top. This prevents any lighter items from getting blown away. Excess paper products can be tied in bundles, and placed beside the Grey Box or placed in an open reusable container.
- Cardboard must be flattened, bundled and tied, maximum 76 cm by 76 cm by 20 cm, before placing beside your Grey Box.
For more information on this or any other waste management program, please call the Region's WASTELINE at 905-791-9499. Residents in the long distance areas of Caledon can call
905-584-2216, free of charge, and ask for the WASTELINE, or visit our Web site at www.region.peel.on.ca
- 30 -Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |