For Immediate Release
November 15, 2001
Waste Collection and Processing
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4541
Yard Waste Pick-Up Ends The Last Week In November
(Brampton) - The Region of Peel's annual Yard Waste Collection Program in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga ends the week of Nov. 26 to Nov. 30, 2001.
"The Region will continue to collect yard waste until the last week in November," said Ben Shepherd, Manager of Waste Collection and Processing for the Region of Peel. "Residents can set their yard waste at the curb on their regular collection days and the Region will continue to pick it up until the end of the month."
Follow these guidelines when preparing yard waste for collection:
- Put yard waste in open, reusable containers, paper yard waste bags, or bushel baskets (each weighing no more than 23 kg or 50 lbs.). NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- Acceptable yard waste materials include garden trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, branches, twigs and plants.
- Brush must be tied in bundles not exceeding 1.2 m (4 ft.) in length and 0.76 m (2.5 ft.) in diameter.
- Bundles of brush must not be heavier than 23 kg or 50 lbs.
- Branches must not exceed 10 cm (4 in.) in diameter.
- Put yard waste and recycling boxes at the curb on the opposite side of the driveway from the garbage.
"After yard waste is taken from the curb, it is transported to a compost facility where it's converted into garden compost and later distributed to residents at the Region's annual Environment Day events," said Shepherd.
For more information on any of the Region's Waste Management programs, please call the Region's WASTELINE at 905-791-9499, or visit our Web site at www.region.peel.on.ca
Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
Web site: http://www.region.peel.on.ca
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |