For Immediate Release
September 27, 2001
Chief Administrative Officer
Region of Peel
905-791-7800, Ext. 4311
Region Recognized by Community Organizations for Quality Programs,
Services and Initiatives
(Brampton) - In a report to the General Committee of Regional Council today, Chief Administrative Officer Roger Maloney announced that in 2000 and 2001 Peel Region has received a total of 29 awards from community organizations in recognition for the quality of its programs, services, campaigns and initiatives.
"These awards are testimonial to the achievements and dedication that Regional employees bring to their work every day," said Maloney. "The corporation takes pride in these accomplishments and it will continue to strive for excellence in all its endeavours."
Included in the 29 awards were three corporate-wide awards, and 26 Regional department awards. The corporate-wide awards include:
- The Team Award for Outstanding Achievement in the United Way Walk-a-Thon, for the largest team;
- The Team Award for Outstanding Achievement in the United Way Walk-a-Thon for the most dollars raised by a team;
- The United Way DaimlerChrysler/CAW Local 1285 Award for the Best Managed Joint Union Management Campaign, awarded for exemplifying the true meaning of teamwork, leadership and community, involving both management and union employees.
"Regional employees are truly devoted to the values of teamwork, co-operation and collaboration," said Maloney. "If we add this to our commitment to the values of quality, accountability and responsiveness, the outcome is award-winning service."
Departmental awards accounted for 26 of the total awards and recognize the contributions of all eight Regional departments. The departmental awards include:
- Five awards for Peel Health, including an Accreditation for the Region's three long-term care facilities from the Canadian Council of Health Services Accreditation;
- An Award for the Oral History Project from the Millennium Bureau of Canada to Peel's Housing and Property department;
- An International Association of Business Communicators Ovation Award of Excellence, for the Region of Peel's Human Resources Intranet Web site;
- The Outstanding Planning Award for the Regional Planning Atlas from the Ontario Professional Planners Institute to the Region's Planning department;
- Eight awards to Public Works including an Accreditation Award from the Canadian Association of Environmental Analytical Laboratories for conducting certain analysis for drinking water in May 2001;
- Three awards to the Social Services department including the Outstanding Service Award from the Geneva Centre for Autism to Children's Services for their outstanding support of children with autism;
- The Corporate Services department received four awards including the Canadian Public Relations Association's Award of Merit for the Grey Box Communication Strategy;
- The Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the 2000 Current and Capital Budget Document, from the Government Finance Officers Association to the Finance department. Finance received three awards in total.
The Region plans to present a report on its awards to Regional Council each year. If you would like more information on programs and services provided by the Region of Peel, you can call Access Peel at 905-791-7800, Ext. 4636 or visit our Web site at www.region.peel.on.ca
Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595 , e-mail
Web site: http://www.region.peel.on.ca
| Home | News Releases | Corporate Overview | Regional Departments |
| Regional Council | Maps | Search |