Weekly Yard Waste Collection Resumes April 2 in Caledon
BRAMPTON, ON. (March 26, 2012) – The Region of Peel’s yard waste collection services resume the week of April 2, 2012 in the Town of Caledon.
Urban Settlement Areas and Rural Subdivisions
Yard waste is collected every other week from April to November in Caledon urban settlement areas and rural subdivisions.
Residents can find their yard waste collection schedule in the 2012/2013 Waste Management Guide that was delivered in mid-March to all households that receive curbside waste collection, at peelregion.ca/waste or by calling the 905-791-9499 (or 905-584-2216 in long-distance areas).
The Region of Peel collects yard waste in rural areas of Caledon three times in the spring and three times in the fall to help residents manage their yard waste during the peak seasons.
Spring yard waste collection days:
- Monday, April 16
- Monday, May 28
- Monday, June 25
Fall yard waste collection days:
- Monday, Oct. 22
- Monday, Nov. 5
- Monday, Nov. 19
Caledon residents may also drop off dedicated loads of residential yard waste, free of charge and year-round, at the Caledon Community Recycling Centre – 1795 Quarry Dr., and at the Bolton Community Recycling Centre - 109 Industrial Rd.
Businesses, such as lawn maintenance companies, disposing of yard waste are subject to standard drop-off fees.
Yard Waste Collection Tips
Residents are asked to follow these steps when putting yard waste at the curb for collection:
- Place yard waste in labelled, open, rigid and reusable containers; bushel baskets; or paper yard waste bags
- Set out yard waste and recyclable material on the opposite side of the driveway from garbage, if possible
- Tie brush securely in bundles up to 1.2 m (4 ft.) in length and 76 cm (30 in.) in width, weighing no more than 20 kg (44 lbs.)
- Brush and tree trimmings must be 10 cm (4 in.) or less in diameter
- Leaves, garden trimmings, plants, grass clippings, twigs, branches and lawn edgings (earth removed) can be set out as yard waste
- Fruits and vegetables from the garden should be placed in backyard composters or set out as yard waste
- Shredded paper should be placed loose in yard waste containers or green bins
- Do not use plastic bags, cardboard boxes, green bins or blue boxes for yard waste
- Do not include stumps, soil, sod or stones with yard waste
Stumps, soil, sod and stones can be taken to any of Peel’s Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) for disposal – drop-off fees apply. Residents can find CRC operating hours and locations in their Waste Management Guide or peelregion.ca/waste.
The Region of Peel provides waste management services in the Cities of Brampton and Mississauga and in the Town of Caledon. For more information on these programs, call the Region of Peel at 905-791-9499 (or in long-distance areas of Caledon call 905-584-2216, free of charge) or visit peelregion.ca/waste.
Follow Public Works on Twitter at twitter.com/peelpublicworks.