BRAMPTON, ON. (June 25, 2012) – Region of Peel offices and non-emergency services will be closed on Monday, July 2, 2012 because of the Canada Day holiday.
The following services will be closed on July 2 and reopen on Tuesday, July 3:
- Learn.Play.Care Child Care Centres, Peel Living, Rent Supplement, Early Learning Services and Children's Services Operations.
- All dental services offered at Peel Public Health Clinics. Dental services operate by appointment only. To book an appointment, please call 905-799-7700.
- All breastfeeding clinic services offered at Brampton Breastfeeding Clinic and the Peel Public Health – Meadowvale. Breastfeeding clinics operate by appointment only. To book an appointment, please call 905-799-7700.
- All Healthy Sexuality Clinics.
The labour disruption affecting Public Works, TransHelp and Human Services continues. Please call 905-791-7800 or visit peelregion.ca/strike for the latest updates. As of today, the following services are affected:
- Brampton and Mississauga: due to the Canada Day holiday, garbage and recycling (blue box and green bin) will be collected one day later that week.
- Caledon: there is no change to the waste collection schedule.
Yard waste: there is no yard waste pick-up in Brampton and Mississauga; however, yard waste pick-up in Caledon continues.
Community Recycling Centres (CRCs): the Bolton, Brampton and Fewster CRCs will be closed on July 1 and July 2. These CRCs will operate under regular hours on all other days. (Note: the Bolton CRC operates Tuesday to Saturday). The Battleford and Caledon CRCs are closed.
||TransHelp service hours on July 1 (Canada Day) will be from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. Service will be provided by our contracted vendors. Accessible Transportation offices will be closed. Regular office hours will resume on July 3.
||There is no disruption to Ontario Works payments, child care and housing subsidies. Applications will continue to be taken as follows:
- Ontario Works: 905-793-9200 (9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.). Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is available at 1-800-808-2268, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Housing Subsidy: 905-453-1300
(8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Child Care Subsidy: 905-791-1585
(8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Human Services Reception Areas:
- 7120 Hurontario St. in Mississauga will reopen on July 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for pre-booked appointments. The Employment Resource Centre remains closed, including access to resource centre computers.
- 10 Peel Centre Dr. in Brampton remains closed at this time, including the Employment Resource Centre.
The Regional Municipality of Peel was incorporated in 1974 on the principle that certain community and infrastructure services are most cost-effectively administered over a larger geographic area. The Region of Peel serves more than 1.3 million people and approximately 88,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the town of Caledon.
For more information on the Region of Peel, call 905-791-7800 or visit peelregion.ca.