BRAMPTON, ON. (June 25, 2012) Ė The Region of Peel's TransHelp service has fulfilled all trip requests since 80 TransHelp employees went on strike June 10. Daily trip volumes similar to regular service volumes are being maintained during the strike.
TransHelp office and call centre employees are not on strike, and the TransHelp office continues to be open to serve client needs. TransHelp rides are being fulfilled by contracted transportation vendors. Clients may book trips regardless of trip purpose as long as capacity allows. Should capacity not exist, dialysis and essential medical trip rides will continue and non-medical trips will be prioritized by providing work and school trips first, then personal and recreational trips.
IMPORTANT UPDATES AND TIPS:
- The TransHelp office and call centre are open and operational during the strike.
- Contact the TransHelp office for ride requests instead of taxi vendors during business hours.
- Booking confirmations will be available after 3 p.m. the business day before a trip.
- Clients are asked to try and book at least two days in advance. For Saturday, Sunday and Monday rides, book by the previous Thursday. Ride requests booked with less than two days notice will be assessed for capacity.
- Same-day trips and standby-ride bookings are officially suspended, but will be accommodated if capacity is available.
- New client applications should be mailed in. Applications are being processed at this time, but delays should be expected.
- TransHelp supervisors have and will continue to monitor the quality of service of contracted vendors. Please call 905-791-7800 ext. 6862 to report any experiences in need of attention.
- Monthly Pass clients can continue booking trips but will receive a pass in lieu in case clients are not able to fully use their existing pass.
- Payments and applications can be mailed in to avoid picket lines when making payments in person. A secure drop box is available after hours for cheques and money orders. Automatic payment options also exist. Visit the website or call for details.
- Clients requesting rides to the TransHelp office at 3190 Mavis Road may experience delays leaving the site due to picketing. If ride volume is great, trips to this location may be cancelled. We recommend avoiding trips to this location and consider other payment options.†
Services not affected by strike:
- Red Cross dialysis program is not affected.
- The Passenger Assistant Program is not affected.
- Taxi scrip users can continue using this service.
- Rides provided to Caledon customers by Caledon Community Services will continue.
Contact information to remember:
- Bookings and general questions: 905-791-1015
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Report service quality to: 905-791-7800 ext. 6862
Mail payments and new-client applications to:
- TransHelp Office
3190 Mavis Road
Mississauga, ON.† L5C 1T9
Visit peelregion.ca to get the facts.