Peel Partners in Accessibility Host Accessibility Workshop for Local Businesses. November 30, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Pearson Convention Centre
This FREE informative breakfast session covers the benefits, legislative requirements and resources available for businesses to make their workforce accessible. In recognition of International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD), this event brings industry experts together with local employers to answer common questions and support the transition to a fully inclusive workforce.
WHAT: An employer-focused event covering:
- AODA Employment Standards and resources available to comply with legislation
- The business benefits of creating accessible workplaces
- Dispelling myths about cost of accommodations and hiring of persons with disabilities
WHERE: Pearson Convention Centre, 2638 Steeles Avenue East, Brampton Ontario (map)
WHEN: Monday November 30, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Alfred Spencer, Director, Accessibility Directorate of Ontario
"Working Towards an Accessible Ontario"
- Bob Stark, Chair, Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
"Improving Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities"
- Jutta Treviranus, Director Inclusive Design Research Center and G3ICT
"Designing for the Present and the Future"
- Omaya Rakieh, Senior Global Manager GSX
"Road to Success"
WHO: The event is sponsored by Peel Partners in Accessibility, consisting of the Region of Peel, City of Mississauga, City of Brampton and Town of Caledon.
Registration: Admission is free but advanced registration by email at email@example.com is required. This is a fully accessible event. Please advise of accommodation needs upon registration.
Visit peelregion.ca/accessibility/idpd-event.htm for more information
Communication Specialist, Region of Peel
905-791-7800, ext. 4478
Accessibility Planning Specialist, Region of Peel
TP: 1-888-919-7800 ext. 4778; 647-921-8728