Peel Newcomer Road to Success Information Fair and One-stop Web Portal
Nov. 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Versailles Convention Centre, Mississauga, ON
Join us for a FREE informative day about available services and resources for newcomers in Peel. Learn from community service leaders as they share their insights and experiences about settling into Peel. Lunch and raffle prizes will be provided.
- Showcase of services, programs and resources to help immigrants and newcomers
- Profile of immigrationpeel.ca, a valuable one stop resource for potential and recent newcomers wishing to live, learn and work in Peel region
- Three key note speakers, leaders in immigration services and coaching, will share their insights and experiences about settling into Peel and how they help Peel newcomers. Their profiles appear below
Where - Versailles Convention Centre, 6721 Edwards Blvd., Mississauga, ON L5T 2V9 (Map)
When - Wednesday November 18, 2015, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Key note speakers:
- Sukhjit Singh Ahluwalia – Settlement worker, certified information and referral specialist, recipient of People’s Choice Award as one of the Top 25 Canadian Immigrants
- Bobby Sahni – President of Ethnicity, a multicultural marketing & advertising agency
- Patrick Bizindavyi - radio Service provider booths with information on settlement, education and employment services
- Immigrationpeel.ca – demonstration and browsing stations
- Lunch will be provided and raffle prizes given out throughout the day
The event is sponsored by the Region of Peel and the Peel Immigration Web Portal (PIWP) Steering Committee whose membership includes organizations from the settlement and employment sector, serving new immigrants in Peel.
Key Note Speaker Profiles
Sukhjit Singh Ahluwalia was named one of the Top 25 Canadian Immigrants in 2013, and received the Canadian Immigrant Magazine’s People Choice Award. He is a settlement worker at Peel Multicultural Council, a certified Information and Referral Specialist, and a Certified Career Employment Information Specialist. He believes in empowering new Canadians by providing them with the right information and helping them to make the right connections.
Bobby Sahni is a second generation immigrant and recently co-founded Ethnicity, a multicultural marketing & advertising agency dedicated to helping companies drive new growth and sales by engaging North America’s fast-growing and big-spending ethnic communities.
Patrick Bizindavyi came to Canada in 2002 and since his arrival has gone on to influence thousands of people as a radio host, author, speaker and coach. As President and Co-Founder of Unleashed Possibilities Patrick continues to use his experience, expertise and success to help individuals reach their peak potential by pursuing and achieving their dreams. He is the author of the blog “Journeyman Stories” which has attracted readers worldwide and is currently working on publishing his first book.