News Release January 5, 2018
Christmas Tree Collection in the Region of Peel
BRAMPTON, ON. (Jan. 5, 2018) – During the weeks of January 8 and 15, the Region of Peel will collect Christmas trees at the curb on residents’ regular recycling collection day.
To set out Christmas trees for collection, residents should ensure that:
- trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) are cut in half,
- all outer plastic bags, ornaments, tinsel, nails, wire and tree stands are removed,
- trees are not placed in or on snowbanks,
- if you live in an apartment or condo, the trees are set at the curb by the driveway entrance to the property, and that
- trees do not obstruct the road or sidewalk.
Residents who miss their collection can also take their Christmas trees to a Community Recycling Centre (CRC). Trees taller than 3 m. (10 ft.) must also be cut in half to be accepted. There will be no drop-off fees at the CRCs for Christmas trees during the Christmas tree collection period.
Residents are encouraged to visit peelregion.ca/waste to check:
- CRC locations and hours, and
- "when does it go" collection calendar for their regular recycling collection day.
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected community for life for more than 1.4 million people and approximately 163,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter at @regionofpeel.
Media Contacts:Lisa Dhillon
Tel: 905-791-7800 ext. 4386
Communication Services, 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Phone: 905-791-7800, Fax: 905-791-0595, e-mail