News Release: September 19, 2018
Culture Days at Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives
Brampton, ON (September 19, 2018) – Make PAMA your first stop this Culture Days with free admission to this year’s rhythmic experience.
Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) wants to invite you to #playOnBeat this weekend through an exploration of music, sound and readings at this friend-and-family-friendly event.
Culture Days is a nationwide weekend celebration of Canadian art and culture designed to engage audiences of every age. Launched in 2010, Culture Days has attracted over 135,000 artists and 500,000 attendees to events held in various cities across Ontario. This observance has also brought Canadians together to connect the local landscape of art, history, tourism and heritage.
PAMA’s Culture Day program includes day long drop-in activities:
Saturday, Sept. 29:
10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Participate in our Music Lab to experiment with sounds and instruments in the family fun area of Manning Square.
- Create a fall harvest masterpiece in the Weekend Family Fun activity.
- Explore the many historic spaces and exhibitions! Receive a personalized tour of the historic Courthouse and Jail built in 1867 from a visitor service staff, upon request.
- Participate in our Indigenous Community Heart Garden activity.
11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Join Indigenous Drummer Suzanne Sheppard*
2 – 3 p.m.: Samba Squad performance and interactive workshop*
*Space is limited in these performances so arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Sunday, Sept. 30:
1 – 4:30 p.m.
- Support Orange Shirt Day - Every Child Matters and participate in our Indigenous Community Heart Garden activity.
- Create a fall harvest masterpiece in our Weekend Family Fun activity.
PAMA and the Festival of Literary Diversity (FOLD) present;
2 – 3:30 p.m.
- Children’s Reading and Craft with Author Nahid Kazemi
3 – 4 p.m.
- KidLit Writing Workshop with Nahid Kazemi Registration is required.
PAMA is a place to explore and learn about Peel Region’s culture and heritage, and to converse, question and tell stories to help make new and fascinating connections to the surrounding community. Throughout the year, PAMA offers a variety of workshops and programs for all ages: students, families, adults and seniors. Operated by the Region of Peel, PAMA is located at 9 Wellington St. E.in Brampton. Visit pama.peelregion.ca to learn more.
The Region of Peel works with residents and partners to create a healthy, safe and connected Community for Life for more than 1.4 million people and 173,000 businesses in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the Town of Caledon. Peel's services touch the lives of residents every day. Recognized as a leader in management and service delivery, the Region of Peel is the only government organization at any level to receive Excellence Canada's Platinum Award for Excellence, Innovation and Wellness®. For more information about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca and follow us on Twitter at @regionofpeel.
Media ContactsLisa Cox
Region of Peel
Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives
905-791-4055, ext. 7596