Temporary Care Assistance
The adult providing temporary care can receive Temporary Care Assistance on behalf of a child under the age of 18 if all of the following criteria are met:
- The child is in financial need
- The child is not a dependent under the Ontario Works Act or the Ontario Disability Support Program
- The adult providing temporary care does not have a legal obligation to provide support
- The adult providing temporary care does not receive compensation under the Child and Family Services Act
- the adult and the child meet the conditions of eligibility
Reasonable efforts to pursue support from the natural parents are required except in specific instances where support may be waived.
No time limits are set on the length of time that temporary care assistance is available, it can be provided as long as the child requires care and remains under the age of 18.
You can contact the Client Contact Unit at 905-793-9200
or 1-800-327-5379 between the hours of 8:30 to 4:30
Monday to Friday.