The Cawthra Shelter is supported by both the Region of Peel and the Salvation Army. The facility is owned and operated by the Region of Peel, while the Salvation Army manages the daily programming and staffing.
The Salvation Army and Region of Peel staff help homeless women and couples by:
- Fostering well-being
- Providing shelter, food and clothing
- Helping individuals locate affordable housing
- Supporting individuals in their transition to independent living
- Providing effective connections with community agencies
- Providing support to seek and secure employment